Mind you, in no particular order…
1. Twitter: Social networking has proven to be a very important method of media knowledge and getting to know others in the PR world.
2. Comment, comment, comment!- The old saying, “Do unto others” applies to blogging folks! If you want people to comment on your posts, comment on theirs! Get the mental juices flowing by actually READING their blog!
3. Write it out- Free writing is the best way to acquire practice and to get your ideas on paper. Once you have a clear concept, blog about it, and share it with the World.
4. Resume 101- Learning how to formulate a strong resume is key. Lack luster resumes will get you nowhere, and leave you jobless.
5. Dealing with a Crisis- react quickly and confidently, and tell the truth! Be sure what you are doing will positively take care of the problem at hand.
6. Know your audience- Once you see who is viewing and commenting on your posts, try to gear your topics and interests towards them, but of course without losing your personality and individualism!
7. Proofread x12!- You can never proofread too much. Look over your releases, and articles ten times, and then let someone else look it over as well. If there are mistakes, you will lose credibility, and confidence in your co-workers and the community.
8. Be personable- Get to know your clients and colleagues. It is important to develop trust and to be comfortable in your work environment.
9. Research- Although time consuming, research is super important to know exactly what you are talking or writing about.
10. Listen!- Being a good listener is a rare quality these days. Take time just listen and silently evaluate the situation and your interviewee.
Thank you so much for taking this PR Journey with me this year!