Readings from: Public Relations- Strategies and Tactics
Public Service Announcements
- Both radio and television stations accept public service announcements from nonprofit organizations that wish to inform and educate the public about health issues or upcoming civic events.
- P.A’s are like advertisements, but stations do not charge to air them.
Broadcast Media Tours
- Happen when an organization’s spokesperson is interviewed from a central location by journalists across the country.
Video News Releases
- Produced in a format that television stations can easily use or edit based on their needs.
- An organization arranges for coverage of a particular event, and television stations across the country can watch it in “real time” or receive and edited version of it for later use.
Web Sites and Streaming Media
- Public relations personnel should not overlook Web news sites for placement of publicity. Podcasts have quickly become a public relations campaign staple.
- The popularity of Weblogs, or blogs, means that public relations personnel should also harness them as a tactic for reaching an audience.