Readings from: Public Relations- Strategies and Tactics
Approaches to Planning
Management by Objective:
- Client/employer objectives: Specific objectives are more meaningful.
- Audience/Publics: Who is being reached with the message.
- Audience objectives: What the audience wants to know.
- Media channel objectives: The angle the media is looking for.
- Sources and questions: The primary and secondary sources of information.
- Communication strategies: Environmental factors that could affect the acceptance of the message.
- Essence of the message: The planned communication impact on the audience.
- Nonverbal support: How visual aids can enhance a performance or presentation.
Although there can be some variation , public relations plans include eight basic elements: