If you have not followed the last season of Glee, you still have time to stay up all night and watch it on Hulu! I became a HUGE fan after my roommate made me watch it. Glee is an American musical-comedy television series that airs on Fox Tuesday nights. The plot is at an Ohio high school where the focus is on the glee club called “New Directions”. The show features many songs sung by the glee club and showcases their talent week after week. Now don’t be shy, give Glee a Try!
Last week I had the honor of enjoying a wonderful night out with my Resident Life team to Abuelo’s Mexican Restaurant in Lakeland. We got all dressed up and were excited to get to spend one last night together. For all of you who are not familiar with College Residence Life, we are the team who oversee the girls in our dorm. Our Resident Director treated us to a lovely meal, and I had never been to Abuelo’s, so I was really impressed! The staff who waited on us were so polite and tried their best to deliver their best spanish accents! The menu included everything from fried burritos, to cheese smothered quesadillas. This month they are running a promotion where you purchase their “Fajitas for Two” dinner, which is a HUGE serving of steak or chicken, and shrimp, and you get 2 desserts all for $39.99. But wait! There is more! With your meal purchase, you also receive 2 movie ticket vouchers to COBB Theatres! What a great deal! So, go on and enjoy a nice dinner out, and finish off the night with a movie!
PRopenmic.org has revolutionized the PR World as we know it. This site offers many links and profiles to PR professionals and students, who are eager to network and find out new and exciting things happening in PR. Along with profiles, there are also videos, forums, events, jobs/intern postings, and many many more resources. It is free to join, and fun to follow. Take a chance on PRopenmic, it might surprise you, and you could learn something new!
Heard of this new social networking site? Similar to Twitter, foursquare is a website that is a great tool for PR and networking. It was created by Dennis Crowley and Naveen Selvadurai who visioned a web mobile application that allows registered users to connect with friends and to update their current location. If you “check in” at certain venues, you are awarded points or badges if you visit that venue so many times. Think this might be something beneficial for you? Give it a try…
Since early in 2009, cupcakes, or miniature sized personal cakes have been all the rage in cities and bakeries alike. Starving sweet toothed teens and adults flock to gourmet bakeries and shops to purchase these delightful desserts for friends and loved ones. Cupcakes are ideal for anyone. Small, less caloric content, and easy to eat! Not to mention the many flavors and colors that bakers have experimented with that have captured the hearts and tummies of many.
Have a budding baking passion? Bake your heart out. Baking is a great way to relieve stress and to enjoy yourself.
Need ideas? These are some of my most favorite recipe sites…
In this podcast, Tod Maffin, a strategic social media expert was interviewed on his career and where he started. His journey began with a career in radio and broadcast journalism. He felt it was important to spread around his interests to see what he really liked and enjoyed. Later in the interview he discussed the importance of a website, and described his personal site where he presents different case studies. He found afterwards that these case studies were quite beneficial to clients and the public, because they were able to put knowledge into tangible practice. I really enjoyed listening to this podcast, and it reminded me how fortunate we are in this age to be able to listen across the World if we wanted to, to professionals and hear their wisdom on relatable topics.
1. Catchy Titles- Be creative and leave the boring stuff at home!
2. Pictures count!- Find some neat, legal images that you can upload to your blog posts to catch the reader’s attention.
3. Follow your bliss- Whatever makes you tick, write about it! Don’t try to be something you aren’t. Readers will enjoy reading what you like, even if it’s not what normally interest you.
4. Keep it organized- Use headers and search bars to organize your blog page. People will be able to find things easier and will be more willing to read if they can clearly see where things are located.
5. Spell Check- Spelling mistakes are no-no’s. Make sure all of your posts are clearly checked and re-checked!
6. Experiment- Try to find new categories that interest you, and see how you like writing about them!
7. Be friendly- Respond to comments! Make new friends, network!!
8. Videos and links- Upload videos or links to videos that pertain to your posts. It helps readers connect to your writing if they can see an example or supporting video.
9. Stay on top of your work!- Do not let your blog get the best of you. Continue to post daily, and try to comment frequently as well.
10. Be inspired- Use daily happenings, or small inspirations from friends or a professor to write blog posts. Some of your best work could be inspired by a good friend and a sunny day.